What is 3D Scanning – 3D Scanning Defined
Picture an xRay or an MRI of an object. Instead of a flat scan (the kind that makes a fax machine work or a photocopy) you can put an object into a box and scan it on all dimensions. If it’s a baseball, you can scan the size, shape, color, trademarks and stitching. Then you would have a digital image on a disk that you can put into a 3D Printer to recreate the baseball. A 3D scanner is a device that analyzes a real-world object or environment to collect data on its shape and possibly its appearance (i.e. color). The collected data can then be used to construct digital three-dimensional models.
- Why 3D Printing Is Going to Need Blockchain – 3D Printing and Blockchain
- 3D Printing TimeLapse Compilation On The Biqu BX 3d printer OctoLapse
- 3D Printing Video – 3D Printing And The Circular Economy
- 3D Printing Video – Are We 3D Printing Hair?
- 3D Printing Videos – Will We 3D Print Bodies In The Future?