What is 3D Scanning – 3D Scanning Defined
Picture an xRay or an MRI of an object. Instead of a flat scan (the kind that makes a fax machine work or a photocopy) you can put an object into a box and scan it on all dimensions. If it’s a baseball, you can scan the size, shape, color, trademarks and stitching. Then you would have a digital image on a disk that you can put into a 3D Printer to recreate the baseball. A 3D scanner is a device that analyzes a real-world object or environment to collect data on its shape and possibly its appearance (i.e. color). The collected data can then be used to construct digital three-dimensional models.
- 3D Printing Video Show 3D Printing Helping With Covid -19
- 3D Printing Video – Interviews About The 3D Printing Industry About The Talent Shortage
- 3D Printing Videos Presents A Fun 3D Printing Comic SlideShow
- 3D Printing Video – Top 10 Trends In 3D Printing
- 3D-Printed Valves for Life-Saving Coronavirus Treatments